Question 17: NCERT Solutions for 12th Class Physics: Chapter 5-Magnetism and Matter
Answer the following questions:
- Explain qualitatively on the basis of domain picture the irreversibility in the magnetisation curve of a ferromagnet.
- The hysteresis loop of a soft iron piece has a much smaller area than that of a carbon steel piece. If the material is to go through > repeated cycles of magnetisation, which piece will dissipate greater heat energy?
- A system displaying a hysteresis loop such as a ferromagnet, is a device for storing memory? E×plain the meaning of this statement.
- What kind of ferromagnetic material is used for coating magnetic tapes in a ‘cassette player, or for building ‘memory stores’in modern computer?
- A certain region of space is to be shielded from magnetic fields. Suggest a method.