Question 16: NCERT Solutions for 12th Class Physics: Chapter 5-Magnetism and Matter
Answer the following questions:
- Why does a paramagnetic sample display greater magnetisation (for the same magnetising field) when cooled?
- Why is diamagnetism, in contrast, almost independent of temperature?
- If a toroid uses bismuth for its core, will the field in the core be (slightly) greater or (slightly) less than when the core is empty?
- Is the permeability of a ferromagnetic material independent of the magnetic field? If not, is it more for lower or higher fields?
- Magnetic field lines are always nearly normal to the surface of a ferromagnet at every point. (This fact is analogous to the static electric field lines being normal to the surface of a conductor at every point.) Why?
- Would the maximum possible magnetisation of a paramagnetic sample be of the same order of magnitude as the magnetisation of a ferromagnet?
Check the complete chapter with solutions.
NCERT Solutions for 12th Class Physics: Chapter 5-Magnetism and Matter